Skilled Bristol Attorneys Deliver Strong Criminal Defense
Accomplished law firm protects clients’ rights in Virginia and Tennessee
Being charged with a criminal offense is a stressful situation, but an experienced defense attorney can safeguard your fundamental rights and give you the confidence you need to move forward. When your freedom is at stake, do not risk your future on a court-appointed attorney. Get the results you want by immediately calling Ward & Rasnic, P.C. in Bristol. Our experienced team of criminal defense attorneys goes above and beyond the call of duty when representing clients in Virginia and Tennessee. Whether you are facing a theft, DUI or some other charge, our attorneys provide exceptional advocacy and personalized attention from the moment you call us until your case is resolved.
Knowledgeable advocates challenge DUI allegations
If you have been accused of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, we take immediate action to initiate your defense and prevent authorities from taking advantage of you. We advise motorists on issues such as:
- Blood alcohol testing — In Virginia and Tennessee, most drivers are considered to be legally intoxicated if their blood alcohol concentration is .08 percent or greater. However, errors can occur in the testing process, so you should not surrender your rights to defend yourself even if you tested over the limit.
- Test refusal — Both states adhere to the doctrine of implied consent. This means that if you are arrested in connection with a drunk driving charge, you must agree to a blood alcohol test or lose your driving privileges for one year. This license suspension stands even if you are not charged with DUI.
- Reasonable suspicion and probable cause — Our lawyers understand the legal standards that police officers must meet in order to stop and arrest a driver they suspect is intoxicated. We hold law enforcement accountable when they overstep their bounds.
In all criminal defense cases we take, we strive to eliminate or minimize potential punishment and even work on expungements to clear your record after a conviction.
Experienced lawyers help motorists fight traffic charges
Whether you are stopped for running a red light or going a few miles over the speed limit, nothing puts a damper on your day quite like receiving a ticket. Before you pay an exorbitant fine, know your rights as a driver. If you feel you have been unfairly ticketed, we can help by preparing a thorough defense. Our experienced attorneys are armed with the knowledge necessary to contest all types of traffic violations and offenses, including:
- Speeding and other moving violations
- Reckless driving
- Driving without a license, registration or insurance
- Unlawful vehicle modifications
Our skilled attorneys help travelers and residents alike to contest questionable or unwarranted tickets.
Legal advisers assist with accusations involving drug crimes
The attorney you retain to defend against a drug charge can be the difference between a favorable outcome and long-term incarceration. In Virginia and Tennessee, penalties vary greatly based on the specific nature of the charge and the substance involved. We vigorously challenge prosecutors who seek to introduce questionable evidence or file inappropriate charges. In many situations, allegations are based on improper searches or mistaken assumptions. Whether your case arises from an accusation of possession, sale or manufacture, we will work diligently for a successful result such as dismissal, acquittal or a favorable plea agreement.
Contact an aggressive Bristol criminal defense attorney serving Virginia and Tennessee
Ward & Rasnic, P.C. defends Virginia and Tennessee clients in all types of criminal litigation. Please call 276-285-8587 or contact us online to schedule a meeting at our Bristol, Virginia office.